It’s that point of 12 months! Time for WordCamp US, and this time it’s being held in Nationwide Harbor, Maryland from August twenty fourth by the twenty sixth. It’ll be on the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, which is a spectacular location in itself.
This 12 months, our crew members Ericka Barboza and Marco Berrocal will likely be attending in particular person. So, be at liberty to cease by and say good day as they love interacting with WordCamp folks.
What Will You Discover at WordCamp US 2023?
Not solely is that this 12 months’s WordCamp US at an unimaginable location – the Gaylord is simply phenomenal – you may as well be part of fairly a couple of talks and gatherings. For instance, on the twenty fourth, the contributor day is open for everybody.
There are lots of great talks at this year’s WordCamp US. Among the ones that stand out most to me embrace:
- For All Userkind: NASA Internet Modernization and WordPress – Abby Bowman and J.J. Toothman discuss how NASA’s net modernization efforts embrace WordPress and the challenges they face revamping its web sites and including its first on-demand streaming service.
- Inform the Story You Need To Inform – On this discuss, you’ll hear the story of how Ken Liu, an award-winning author, misplaced religion in storytelling and the way he rediscovered the which means of narratives in day-to-day life.
- Trendy WordPress Growth – Whereas this discuss may be a bit extra superior compared to newbie tracks, Gary McPherson will go over a number of the extra profound parts that you could combine into the WordPress improvement expertise.
- Be taught WordPress: A useful resource for you and your neighborhood – Offered by Courtney Patubo Kranzke, the Be taught WordPress factor is a useful resource for many who need to perceive extra of what the content material administration system can do and what you are able to do to contribute. This can be a nice discuss for rookies!
- Gutenberg: Subsequent – WordPress Co-founder and CEO of Automattic, Matt Mullenweg, will talk about the enhancements delivered in 2023 and the plans going ahead for WordPress. This will even embrace a reside Q&A on the finish, so carry your questions!
Personally, I’m extremely inquisitive about studying extra about what NASA is constructing and the way it’ll incorporate video-on-demand. Then once more, I’m a little bit of a geek in relation to something area and science associated.
Plus, with the ability to toss questions at Matt Mullenweg can be enjoyable. Particularly after the latest updates in WordPress 6.3 which can be a bit questionable, comparable to the flexibility so as to add hyperlinks to Gutenberg. It now takes additional steps simply to set it to open in a brand new window.
Anyway, from the talks accessible, it’s positive to be an incredible weekend for these becoming a member of.
Attention-grabbing Information About Nationwide Harbor, MD
The Gaylord Conference Middle is situated alongside the Potomac River simply south of Washington DC. As such, it’s surrounded by some superb points of interest and lots of US historical past.
One of many options within the space is the Capital Wheel, a 165-foot Ferris wheel with a tremendous view of essentially the most prolific nationwide monuments within the nation.
Just a few different issues to remember embrace:
- The “American Manner” is a 3,000-foot promenade working by the middle of Nationwide Harbor that was designed to web page homage to the American expertise.
- There are greater than 150 shops in Nationwide Harbor, not together with the Gaylord. So, ensure you carry some cash alongside to take pleasure in as a lot of what the realm can present.
- In the event you’re inquisitive about watching some video games or different common programming, there may be an 18 by 32-foot Jumbotron in Nationwide Harbor. Are you able to think about taking part in the Xbox or Ps on one thing that huge?
Hope to See You at WordCamp US in Nationwide Harbor!
As you’re visiting WordCamp US, don’t neglect to cease by and say “hello” to Marco and Ericka, who will likely be attending on our behalf. Though the Gaylord is comparatively giant, they need to be pretty straightforward to seek out.
I’d like to complete by thanking all the organizers, audio system, volunteers, attendees, and sponsors who put within the effort and time to make WordCamp US one thing superb. Between the locale and the talks, it’s positively one which I want I might attend myself.
Have an incredible weekend and luxuriate in all the pieces Nationwide Harbor and WordCamp US have to supply.